Never Had My Name on a Door Before


Name Tag
Originally uploaded by DominoPreacher.
This photo is to confirm that, yes, I really did become a pastor and didn't leave my job to go and work for IBM :-)

The last two weeks have been great. Everyone here at Woodside Bible Fellowship have been just wonderful welcoming me and my family to the church and the neighborhood. We're so thrilled to be here.

The position is going very well. I'm really enjoying it and it's so great to see God working through so many really cool ministries here. I'm still in learning mode trying to absorb everything. Hopefully I'll get a more regular schedule set up in the next few weeks as I meet more of the ministry leaders and volenteers.

Comments

Spanky said…
Hey there Kevin. I think it is so cool that you've done this. We're still staying at my sister-in-law's house (the movers are supposed to deliver our stuff today). My in-laws have been wonderful putting us up, but I'm pretty eager to get into our new home.

The good news is that it looks like we've already found a local church (or to be more accurate -the kids LOVE the youth groups at the church we have been visiting). I still want to visit a few others (like Mars Hill), but odds are we're going to place membership at
Cascade Christian here in Cascade Township.

So, what exactly does a Pastor of "Integration & Discipleship" do?

-Devin.
Pastor Kevin said…
I have three main components to this position. The first is the associate pastor part where I help the senior pastor with the day to day of the church and give him a hand where ever he needs it. The integration part is being responsible for groups like the Welcome teams and other ministries which help new people get plugged into our church. The discipleship part is being responsible for the varies adult ministries here, like small groups.

So far it's just be a blast getting to know everyone and figuring all this out :)
Brad said…
Kevin,

Wow, congrats on the ministry position! I am an ordained pastor that used to be full time at a church in NC. Now I am a Notes Team leader in SC.
Very cool, Kevin... very cool... :)
Anonymous said…
Wow, I can’t believe that you did this! Good for you..all of you.

It took me such a long time to realize that family should come before career and I’m still starting my day at 5AM, just to try to keep up with work and save my weekends for the kids.

I guess that we’ll have to pop-up the next time that we find ourselves in the Hamilton area.

Take care,
Denis, Sonya, Sarah, Martin, Emily
Denis.Cayer@oracle.com

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!