California Here I Come!

I just finished booking a trip to Lake Forest, California!

Lake Forest is the home of Saddleback Church where Rick Warren is the Senior Pastor. Warren is also the author of several books, including the best seller The Purpose Driven Life.

On February 20th to the 22nd, Saddleback is hosting the Purpose Driven Small Groups Conference. Being the pastor who is responsible for the small group ministry, and the fact that our church uses a lot of the Saddleback material in our ministries, this was a natural fit for me to head off for this conference.

It's a bit of a drag that I'll be going alone but hopefully I learn of others who are going as well and be able to hook up there. Hmmm... I wonder how I can get the pastor community to be as big and fun as the Lotus Notes one...

So this is great! Back to having a conference in the middle of winter AND this one is also very close to Disneyland. So it should feel very similar to Lotusphere but without the bloggers and the late night parties :)

Comments

ricki said…
I'm jealous. By sure to post your learning and impressions.

Have you been to any Willow Creek small group stuff? I know, not as climate friendly as Saddleback but ...

I'd be interested in how they compare.
Pastor Kevin said…
I haven't been to the Willow Creek small group conference. However, last March I did attend their Promiseland Children's Ministry conference (that's back when I was considering a position as a children's pastor).

They put on an excellent conference.

I'll be sure to blog regularly while down at Saddleback with all that I'm learning.

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!