Passport Update

This morning I received my passport application signed by my step-dad (THANKS!!) and rushed off to the passport office at 11:30am.

Since it helped to speed up my application for the birth certificate, I decided to bring my flight and hotel confirmations with me just in case.

I arrived at 12:05. They were serving number 173. I was 251. Luckily I brought a book! When they hit around number 210, a lady stood in front of the waiting crowd and announced that it will take a minimum of 15 business days for applications received today to be processed... UNLESS you happen to have confirmed travel plan documentation WITH YOU. Thankfully I did! AWESOME!

The wait in line was about 2 hours. I did a lot of my course reading (I have a ten page paper due in March on this book "Future Faith Churches: Reconnecting with the Power of the Gospel for the 21st Century"). Finally my number came up.

Again, I was SOOOO impressed with the employees of this government agency. The young lady who served me was so friendly and incredibly helpful. Even with the huge crowds and people rushing to get passports for US travel, she's there with a huge smile and a good laugh.

Since I'm leaving on Monday the 19th of February, she confirmed that they will have my passport ready for pickup on the Friday before I leave! And they only charged an extra $10 for this quicker service. I laughed. At this stage in the game I would have paid $100 for receiving it in time! :-)

Now I can relax... everything is all set. California here I come! I'm so looking forward to this Small Group Conference. Hmmm.... I wonder if Saddleback Church has wireless internet access in their building?? If so, then maybe some live blogging will be in order :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!