Intro and Session 1

Only 4 minutes left for the break so I'll try to sum up pretty quickly the first session of the conference.

A Worship time was opened with the song "Without Love" by the Doobie Brothers. I loved it! What a great reminder... where would we be now without the love that God has given us. The music was loud and rocking. Just the way I like it :)

The first speaker was Randy Frazee, teaching pastor at Willow Creek Community Church. He oversees adult ministries and a new neighbourhood strategy. His session was great. The big take away for me is the need to BE the church and not simply GO to church. We live in a culture suffering from "crowded loneliness"... where people have so many contact points and people in their lives but so incredibly few close, meaningful relationship!

The worship band just kicked in... I'll post again at lunch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!