My First Bad Ebay Experience

I love Ebay. I've been using it for years for pretty much all of my hobby and collecting needs. From Warhammer, to Star Wars Figures, to comic books, to LEGO, I've always had a nothing but great experiences with all of my purchases. Great service, great prices. I guess that's why this first bad experience is such a bummer.

I had won the bidding on the Wii game Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I love that game and was really looking forward to getting it. The bonus was it was listed as sealed and new, it was in Canada (so no cross border fees), shipping was only $3 and I won it for $25! Not bad considering the game goes for $59.99 in the stores.

On Friday I received the game... and low and behold... it was not new... but used. VERY used. In fact, it was so used that it is really badly scratched up and could not be read by my Wii. I tried my scratch repair kit which made no difference. So I've sent several emails to the seller to see about fixing the situation... none of which are being answered...

So I had to open a dispute with PayPal... and if you know me, you can easily guess that I hate having to do that. I'm just not a complainer by nature. Service has to be REALLY bad before I say anything...

I'm hoping that the seller just put the wrong game in the package he sent me. He is a power seller with a 97% positive feedback and over 5000 sales a month. Easy enough to make a mistake... and if not, then hopefully PayPal will get me my money back so I can order the game from someone else (or just go hit the store and pay the extra cash).

Comments

Spanky said…
Did you leave feedback? Don't wait too long. I had a dispute issue about a year ago, and wanted to be the "nice guy" and wait until the dispute was resolved before leaving "bad" feedback.

I didn't realize that there is a limited time window within which you are allowed to leave feedback. By the time I realized that no resolution would be possible, it was too late to leave bad feedback.

Don't wait too long.

-Devin.
Pastor Kevin said…
I'm going to give him to Thursday. That will be a full week to get back to me...

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!