Sometimes the answer is RIGHT in front you...

This is going to fall under the "Kevin, You're An Idiot" category...

For weeks now I've been trying to find a way to clean up the music on my iPod Nano. Since it only had 1 GB of space, it keeps getting filled rather quickly. I've been dragging files out of iTunes (but not deleted the physical files) and then playing those files using either RealPlayer or Windows Media Player. This was starting to drive me nuts and I figured that there HAD to be a simpler way then this... after all how could you buy more then 1 GB of music from iTunes if you couldn't manage what is transferred to the iPod better...

I don't know why I didn't notice this option before... but RIGHT THERE on the Options for the iPod in iTunes is a simple little check-box...



"Only sync checked items"... so simple! How did I miss this??!?!? So I put all my music back into iTunes, selected just the albums and podcasts that I wanted on the iPod, did a sync and now have a whopping 315 MB of free space left.

Next time when I have an issue like this I'll actually READ the page. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
You can also select what is synced to your iPod on the music and podcasts tabs. You can set it up to only sync certain playlists of music - which allows you to create unique playlists without having to check/uncheck individual songs.

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!