Monday Mind Dump

As we start a new month I figured I'd dump some of the stuff floating around in my head these days :-)
  • This morning I delivered 94 shoe boxes filled with toys and candy to be sent to impoverished children all around the world.  I'm just amazed by these boxes... filled with stuff that we would never give to our own kids for Christmas... yet will be the highlight of the year for most of the children who will receive them.
  • Just 2 more weeks of school for this semester.  I've LOVED this class on Pastoral Leadership Foundations.  I learned a TON of great stuff.  Next semester I'm going to try to take two classes, Moral Theology and an Old Testament course.  Hopefully that won't kill me :-)
  • Looking forward to having the family visit us this Christmas.  I think this is the first time in 12 years that Danielle and I have been together that we didn't have to spend hours in the car over the holidays!
  • I'm working at completely revamping our integration process here at the church.  A big job... but going to be THE key component if we're to grow the size of the congregation.
  • Started listening to Christmas music :-)  Third Day's "Christmas Offerings" is an awesome album!
  • I'm beginning to wonder if I'm way too hard on myself.  Lately I've been my worst critique and completely dissatisfied with my performance in many areas of my work and life.  Not good and I really need to KNOCK IT OFF!
  • I'm speaking at our seniors Christmas lunch this week.  I'm going to show a clip from A Charlie Brown Christmas.  Should be fun... considering a bunch of them are from Menonite backgrounds and have no clue who Charlie Brown is :-)
  • The Dark Knight comes out on DVD on the 9th!!  So looking forward to getting that!
  • Reading Pagan Christianity.  LOVING IT!  Really brings out the rebelious, anti-church guy that lurks in me though :-)  That's always been my biggest fear... that we become this comfortable church that does it's church thing without ever really reaching the potential in each and every person here... or really having any impact in the community around us.
  • Some days I wonder what would my life look like if I was really... and I mean REALLY REALLY... living a life that was fully surrendered to Jesus and the mission that he has for the world?
  • Need to get together with my Small Group leaders again and chat about how things have been going... and then need to get planning on January for the next batch of new groups.
  • Is it wrong that I REALLY want an iPhone?  :-)  Still love my toys I guess...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, it is wrong to want an iPhone. You need a new BlackBerry Storm.

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!