A month already!

Hard to believe it... September 20th was the day we packed up the car and left Montreal, Quebec for Elmira, Ontario! We've been here for a month now. Amazing! Man, does time ever fly by fast!

There is still some unpacking to do. The storage areas and garage are in dire need of some organizing. But it is coming along nicely and really starting to feel like home. I'll feel much better once all my Warhammer miniatures are out of boxes and all my power tools are put away nicely :-)

Last week I was hit with a bit of homesickness... missing friends, colleagues and just the familiarity of Montreal. Thankfully, by yesterday that's been fading. Thank God for people praying for me in both provinces :-)

The position at Woodside is going great. I've been meeting all the different small groups and ministry leaders. This has been a great way for me to get a feel for the church here. It's also been a really nice way for me to get to know more of the people here in the congregation and to give them a better chance to get to know me as well. I'm really looking forward to working more and more with them.

I've met with the guys who head up the Men's Ministries here. What a great bunch of guys. We're planning on getting a men's Bible study up and running here very similar to the one I was leading in Montreal. That group back home was a huge blessing to me so I'm excited and looking forward to getting that running here for the men of Woodside. I pray that it will be a huge blessing for them here too.

Now that I no longer have a 1.5 hour commute to work (and the 1.5 hours back home!) I noticed that my personal reading time has hit an all time low! I normally read a book a week. Now it seems I'm reading a chapter a week! I'm actually have 3 books to read for different ministries... going to need to spend a little less time in front of the TV and start hitting the books more. Which isn't a bad thing at all since I'm pretty zonked and not really watching what's on it anyways. Must be all this fresh country air that's making me more tired in the evenings... that or just all the unpacking :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!