What a Day!

Man oh man... I'm wrecked!! What a crazy day today!

This morning the kids were up around 6am! Figures. The day I can sleep in is the day they get up extra early. Oh well. That settled my breakfast plans for the day then. Today in our quaint little town was the Elmira Maple Syrup Festival. We took a tractor ride from near our place to the center of town where the festival was in full swing. There was well over 50 000 people there at 8am! And in a town with a population of 9 000 you can really see the difference! The kids and I stood in line for an hour to get some pancakes! Then we hit some of the candy stands and checked out the antiques and toy collectibles. Very fun stuff. Hats off to everyone who puts this event on! What a great job they did!

The kids started to melt down around noon so we jumped on the tractor to take us back to our part of town. We were back home by 12:30... and we crashed for about 30 minutes.

We jumped in the car and went into Waterloo. I've been trying to find a local comic shop so I can start regularly picking up a few titles. I had found two others but one doesn't carry the titles I want and the other is actually closing shop in the next couple of months. So after a quick Google search I found a couple of other stores to check out. The first one I found was a perfect one stop shopping for all my geekiness! I picked up the new issues of Fantastic Four and Iron Man (the other titles I want to start reading are Amazing Spider-Man and the Civil War issues). Then it was off to McDonald's for lunch.

Back home for about 45 minutes then it was out the door again. The staff from the church and their families were all getting together for an afternoon of bowling. That was a real blast. This was the first outing with all the families since I've started at the church six months ago. We're definitely going to do this more often. Afterwards the kids were dropped off with baby sitters and the adults went to East Side Mario's for dinner. This was just such a blast to be able to get to know each other better. We really have a wonderful group of guys and gals working at our church!

So now I'm home and just want nothing more then to jump into bed... but first I should maybe work a bit on my paper for school.... Naw! I think Iron Man is calling my name before I go to sleep :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!