Transition Thoughts - Get Others on Board

As I continue this process of transitioning from one ministry to another something really sad is hitting me today. And this is going to sound like a self-pitty party... but it really isn't. Truth sometimes hits hard. It's really hitting me that I did a pretty poor job of getting people on board with the ministry that I was doing here. I know... this sounds harsh... but it's so true. And do you know how I know it's true?

Because not a single person here has any clue of everything that I've done here. I know this is true because I've been spending the last couple of weeks simply trying to document everything that I've done here the past 2.5 years...

And, for me, that's REALLY bad!

My philosophy of ministry has always been to work myself out of a job. I should be investing in leaders and other people in order to get them pumped up about the ministry and getting on board the train! I should be encouraging and equipping members to join us on this incredible adventure that God has called us to. If I was doing ministry the way I intended, up and coming leaders would be taking over more and more responsibilities and forcing me to transition and change what I do. And that is AWESOME!

Instead, I've done most of the work by myself... and don't have those key people in place to take over the hole that is going to be left with my leaving.

So where did I drop the ball on this one? This is such a big part of who am I... where did that get lost? So... another of my big prayers is that I will return to that idea of ministry. That my priority will be investing in people and not programs... to count on the talent and giftedness of others instead of doing it alone. And to get more and more people excited about the work that is going on in the church and getting on the train!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

The Worship of our Worship