Promise Keepers Weekend Thoughts

This past Friday/Saturday I was in Mississauga for the annual Promise Keepers Canada National Conference. I love going to this! It's always a highlight of my year. There is nothing in the world like gathering with 4000+ men to worship God and grow as men.

This year was great. Two men who I greatly admire were part of the speaker line up: Pat Morley and Craig Gross. Both of their ministries have been a real blessing to me over the years.

There was just one thing that I wish I could see at a Canadian National conference.... and that would be Canadian speakers! I love hearing what God is doing around the world... but I'm really pumped about what God is doing in my backyard even more! When US speakers keep saying "I don't know what it's like here in Canada, but back home..." I find it a tad disappointing. I want to know how men are doing here. There has got to be some gifted speakers in Canada that PK can get up there on the stage. I think getting a higher concentration of Canadian speakers would be an encouragement to pastors and churches across Canada.

All in all it was an AWESOME event! The talks were great. The music was top notch! The time hanging in the hotel that night was fun. Looking forward to next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

The Worship of our Worship