5th Anniversary

Gee! How did I miss this??? A few weeks ago was the 5th anniversary of when I started this blog. That's pretty crazy! Hard to believe it's been that long already! I've actually been blogging 2 years longer than that... my first blog was running on a Lotus Notes/Domino server using the very awesome Blog template from OpenNTF.org. Now that DEFINITELY feels like a lifetime ago!

I've been reevaluating what I want to make available on this blog... Blogging used to be a great outlet for me since I love writing and didn't have many opportunities to do that. Now, I'm writing a 35 minute speech almost every week. Which, I just learned this week, is way more than what professional speech writers for politicians have to do :)

I'd like to start blogging more about how my sermon prep is impacting me... and how other Pastor's sermons are impacting me. Now that I speak a lot more than I need to listen, I need to make listening a much more important part of my journey with God. Sure, I listen to lectures for school, I listen to leaders to become a better pastor... but I want to have other voices speaking into my life just for the sole purpose of drawing closer to God. Not to learn something or do something... but just to know God better.

So, I'm hoping to be blogging more and more regularly... we'll see where God brings it.

Oh! And I'll still have some geeky stuff in here from time to time :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

The Worship of our Worship