End of Week Brain Dump

Almost the weekend! I love taking Fridays off. Makes for a great weekend not having to worry about Sunday morning right up till the last minute :) This week was great as I've been working on this sermon on the Greatest Commandment. This is definitely a "getting back to basics" kind of sermon... but, man oh man, did I ever need to get back to basics this week!

So here's a bit of a brain dump... hopefully this will clear the head and get me to really relax this weekend!
  • Our friends Dave and Kim are coming to visit us from Montreal this weekend! YAY! Can't wait to see them. They should be here before lunch tomorrow. We're so looking forward to hanging with them.
  • Oktoberfest is in full swing here in Kitchener. We're hoping to find some family-friendly events on the weekend. Don't really feel like bringing my six and four year old to a good old fashion drink fest :)
  • I hope the rain that they're forecasting doesn't show up. This Saturday is our big Monster Machines event here at the church. It's an awesome community event and I'm really praying that the weather will be nice to have a big monster size crowd!
  • Sometimes church policies drive me nuts... I understand the need for them... sometimes I just wonder if they get in the way of people coming to know and love Jesus...
  • I'm very excited and nervous about doing this sermon... hopefully that excitement will overpower the nervousness.
  • I'm in need of seeing a really cool movie... seems like forever since I've gone to the movies with my wife. I need to do something about that soon!
  • Just watched the first DVD of Battlestar Galatica season 1. Man this show is awesome!! I can't believe I've never gotten into this show before! I can't wait to hit disk 2.
  • I love seeing what's going on in our Alpha Course. We have so many great people coming out to it and it awesome to just get to know them. I love the questions that they bring. It's so refreshing to have that environment where it's okay to question and to work through different things that we're struggling with when it comes to faith in God and in Jesus.
  • During my sermon I'm showing this fantastic video entitled "An Unspoken Plea". Check it out here. Hope this will give the punch at the end that I'm praying for.
  • Got a new book in the mail this week, Organic Community, by Joseph Myers. Need to read it by the end of the month for a small group gathering I go to. Should be easy enough to squeeze that in between all the reading I'm behind on for school :(
  • "Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ." —Colossians 3:23-24. I need to remember that more!
  • Yesterday there were HUNDREDS of Canadian Geese in the field across the street from our house. I took some pictures of them that I hope to put up soon. Very neat to see. I had to strongly fight the desire to run right through the middle of them :)

Comments

Robin said…
I followed BSG first season and lost track after that (when I moved and no longer had access to Space tv). But I've heard that it gets better and better in the second and third seasons; in fact someone told me he can't even watch first season now because it seems so bad by comparison.
Anonymous said…
Oh yeah, Battlestar Galactica ROCKS! It is some of the best scifi that has ever been made. I'm sad that this fourth season will be its last, but I'm glad that it will go out strong.

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

The Worship of our Worship