Indiana Jones... I Hate it When I'm Right

Well... like so many other fan boy bloggers out there... I just got back from seeing Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

If you love the PC Indiana Jones games which have come out in the last ten years you are going to love this movie. If you're a fan of the actual original movies... well... you're going to be INCREDIBLY disappointed with this movie.

The story is weak at best. HUGE holes in the story line (like car chases in the middle of the jungle!) The characters are cardboard cutouts of their original incarnations. I actually found myself looking at my watch several times wondering when I could go home...

Now... it is a fun movie at some points. It's just not an Indiana Jones movie. It doesn't fit in with the original trilogy in the least. Now if this exact story would have been a Lara Croft, Tomb Raider movie... then it would have worked great because it fits much better with those movies.

Go see it for yourself. Have some fun with it. Then come home and watch Raiders or Last Crusade and relive the glory days.

I'm going to go and cry in my bed now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!