Clarify the Win

The staff here at Woodside have started reading Seven Practices of Effective Ministry by Andy Stanley, Reggie Joiner and Lane Jones.  I've gone through it a few times already and it's certainly hitting home with what I've been trying to see happen in the area of integration and discipleship here.

As we begin our discussions on this book I find I have a LOT more questions then answers to bring ot the table...  stuff like:
  • What is a "win" for an adult at Woodside?
  • Do we need/have multiple wins for different types of people?
  • What is the primary purpose of the Small Group ministry?  Do we truly want to be a church OF small groups or have we accepted a church WITH small groups?
  • What is the purpose of men's and women's ministries?  Do they complement small groups or do they compete for leaders/time/resources?
  • What is the purpose of Adult Bible Fellowships (Adult Sunday school)?  Again, do they distract from our win?
  • Which adult ministries are best part of our integration process?  Which get in the way of it?
  • Are money and volunteers being used to the best of their potential to ensure wins?  Are too much money and volunteers sitting in ministries that don't create wins?
See what happens when I read too much.  I guess this is a result of working for so many years as a Lotus Notes consultant... I can see how teams could be working so much better and more effectively... Unfortunately, sometimes, it just makes me feel like a complainer because I see the potential more then all the good that is happening now :-)  Need to work on that...

Comments

Seanchai said…
maybe I should read this one.

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

The Worship of our Worship