Get Some Rest

This week I've been yawning like crazy. I've been having a hard time getting a good night's sleep and feeling a little restless. Normal, I'm sure, considering the recent move and all the renovations we're doing around the house...

Next Sunday I'm preaching on the importance of keeping Sabbath. Not as a legalistic, religious tradition... but rather as a privilege and as part of our wireing as people created in the image of a Sabbath keeping God. I'm learning a ton re-exploring this topic.

I've not always been a good Sabbath keeper. This past year I've gotten a lot better at it. This afternoon, while studying, I was just reminder of what Jesus told his followers after they've been doing the work of the ministry like crazy. Jesus told them in Mark 6:31:
"Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."

I love that Jesus didn't say "Go somewhere by yourselves and get some rest" but rather he wanted them to come with HIM and get some rest. That is just such a great reminder to me. Sabbath isn't just about taking a day off from working, but rather, it's being intentional about spending that time with the Creator of the Universe. God wants us to spend our time with him.

Looking forward to my Sabbath tomorrow and spending that time with Him!

How about you? How are you doing at keeping Sabbath?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!