One decision leads to a ripple effect in many other areas of our lives. I'm all about helping people navigate those ripples in community.
Leadership tips, articles, and encouragement to be healthy body, mind and soul. And maybe some geeking out along the way!
Fall of the Necromancer Image
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
As mentioned in my last podcast, here are the first minis I have painted in the new Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Games supplement. I hope to have completed more this weekend.
This weekend we had the privilege of having Kim Phuc join us for our service on Sunday and to share her story with the community on Saturday evening. If you're not aware of who Kim is, she is the young girl in this photo who is running down the street naked after her village was napalmed during the Vietnam war. Her clothes were burned right off her back as the napalm burned her flesh. This photo brought the reality of war to so many around the world. Her story of faith and forgiveness is such a powerful testimony of God's forgiveness and the power that can come from God when we truly do "love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us"! Kim now travels the world speaking on behalf of children who are the innocent victims of war. War sucks. Period. And it sucks even more when you hear these personal stories of how these children suffer because of it. Kim's story of forgiveness in this darkest of situations is such a light to those who could never imagi...
During this Sabbatical, I've been blogging and journaling different thoughts and feelings as I've quietly listened to God's voice. In devotions, prayers, worship, readings, and other pastors' sermons, it has been humbling to see how God is bringing various things together at this stage of life and ministry. One of the biggest works God has been doing is in my identity. Now, as followers of Jesus, we "know" that our identity is in Christ and not in what we do... what has been so good for me is to have what I do stripped away. As I've attended churches across our city for nearly four months, I was hit with an important truth: I'm not the guy! I'm completely and totally anonymous! No one knows who I am. No one knows about my spiritual gifts, my talents, experiences, and abilities. No one is looking for me, learning from me, expecting something from me, thanking me, or even talking to me. I'm anonymous. And if I were really, really honest, deep dow...
There’s a subtle tension in ministry and Christian leadership — one that doesn’t go away even with experience. It’s this: Am I becoming more biblical … or just better at talking about the Bible? We can exegete a passage perfectly and still fail to embody it. We can preach love on Sunday and rush past a hurting volunteer on Tuesday. Jesus said these powerful words to the religious leaders of his day: “You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to Me — yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.” John 5:39–40: Jesus was speaking to Scripture experts. They were right about so much … and yet they missed Him. That verse still shakes me. It's disturbs me as a leader in the church. It’s possible to love the Book and miss the Author. Sometimes “being biblical” becomes a badge — a way to prove our orthodoxy — but it’s never meant to replace being Christlike. Truth Without Tenderness I remember early in ministry, a young man came to me w...