Emotional Wellness

I have something to admit.

I stuggle.

I struggle with my self-worth.

I struggle with feeling joyful.

I struggle with negative self-talk.

I struggle with having fun.

And that's really just naming a few of the things that I have found myself struggling with over the past few years.

I read a recent article from the Barna Research Group that shared that 38% of pastors have given SERIOUS consideration of leaving ministry over the past couple of years. 

Honestly, I've been one of them.

This is not a pity party. This is not to make anyone feel guilty. It's just what it is. Ministry and life, in general, have been challenging over the past two years. It makes perfect sense that many leaders are seriously looking for an emergency exit!

What kept me from doing something drastic? I have taken my emotional health very seriously long before the pandemic started! You will not realize that you are emotionally unhealthy until you reach a point that you can't manage anymore.

In the latest episode of The Revitalize Podcast, I share in more detail my emotional wellness journey. I would strongly encourage you to give it a listen. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this important topic.

And don't worry church family! I'm not going anywhere :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!