Blogging Wireless! Cool!

Last week at Future Shop's Boxing Week Sale I picked up a nice little gadget for only $9.95!

Since there was a $20 discount in the store and a $60 mail-in rebate I figured I would purchase a new 54Mbps 802.11g Wireless Firewall Router and 54Mbps 802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter from TRENDnet. I just finished setting it up and I'm flat out amazed out how fast this is!

To be honest I'm surprised that my 7 year old Dell Dimension was up for the challenge.

So I'm testing this out by surfing the net while watching some TV - and I don't know what's sadder... that my laptop battery is about to run out and my adapter is at the church or the fact that I'm watching Beauty and the Geek. Who comes up with this garbage??? Sad, sad, sad. :)

The USB Adapter is for my mother-in-law's computer. I was hoping that this would be a great way to get her computer access to the Internet... but I'm having a hard time getting it to work. From her computer it sees the network and is connecting but I can't seem to get Internet Explorer to connect... I'll have to do more digging into why this isn't working tomorrow.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Franchement, le curé n'est pas très fort techniquement ! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!