Encourage One Another...

It always amazes me how powerful the words we say to people can be. Our words (or emails) have the power to tear people down or to build people up.

The Bible reminds us of this. I especially like The Message's version of 1 Thessalonians 5:11
So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you'll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind.
Last week I was feeling a tad homesick... it still happens from time to time. Nothing major... and a normal part of adjusting to the new home here. That same day I was feeling this, God put it on some body's heart to write me a simple little note. It was a simple thank you note for a job well done and that I am appreciated here. That little note just made my week! And I have no clue who sent it to me... so THANKS whoever you are!

Why not send an email today to your pastor, or a colleague at work, or your kid's Sunday School teacher, or their school teacher, or the school principal, or just about anyone and thank them and encourage them in work that they do. I'm sure you'll bright up their week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

The Worship of our Worship