Crazy Week...

This morning I'm exhausted! I've barely slept all week... brain is spinning with so much going on. Here's an early morning brain dump as I get ready to enjoy my day off.
  • My mother-in-law is going in for a heart test this morning. Can't remember what it's called but it's when they go in with a camera to check her artery blockage... depending on the results she may need a bypass surgery which they would do today. So I'm praying for her.
  • I spent WAY too much time this week dealing with stuff that I would have thought that I shouldn't have to deal with. Because of that I'm days behind in my work and will probably have to work a chunk of today and tomorrow which is supposed to be my time off. I don't mind working extra hours... but when it's because I was distracted with stuff that bums me out a tad...
  • If I could change one thing about how we do Sunday morning I would love to get rid of announcements! I'd love to see Sunday being about worshipping God and learning from His word. Keep announcements to simple prayer requests for people sick or for new family babies being born. The announcements for ministry news and volunteer recruitment then could be sent to the small group leaders and those would be passed on their. This way, if you're not in a small group, not only are you not connected with people from the church but you're not connected with the ministry happenings of the church as well. In a large church this would so greatly reduce the problem of every ministry fighting for announcement time when the worship service is only 75 minutes long. Ahhhh... I can dream, can't I?
  • We have family visiting from Ottawa this weekend. Looking forward to seeing them.
  • I'm preaching in a couple of weeks. I'm going to be looking at the Great Commandment. The title is "Did He Really Mean The Greatest?" and should be fun.
  • I'm lending my Wii to our youth event tonight... we're going to hook it up to one of the big screens and sound systems! Hopefully I'll be able to stick around and play with them for a while. That should be fun!
  • I need to read the first five books of the Bible by next week for school. I'm half-way through Genesis right now... gotta get on the rest of it... especially since Numbers and Leviticus usually put me right to sleep :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

The Worship of our Worship