Men's Group on Mondays

Starting this Monday, January 21st, I'm going to be leading/teaching our men's group here at the church. My plan is to go through the 24 chapters of the book The Man in the Mirror. This book has been one of the biggest influence in my life. When I first received a copy of it years ago I must have read the entire thing in 2 days. Each chapter really spoke to me and showed me the type of man that I wanted to be.

So today I'm going through exactly how I want to teach this... I REALLY don't want this just to be a boring sermon-type style of teaching where the men are stuck there simply listening to me babble on for 30-45 minutes. I want to find a way to make this interactive and fun. I'd like to incorporate movie clips and stories to help bring each chapter alive.

Originally I had thought that I would simply use the free Bible study videos that Man in the Mirror put out on their website. This videos are AWESOME and I've been using them for my own personal study and devotions for years. But I thought that by having me doing the teaching myself it would help me as a pastor to start connecting more with the guys from the church. I really want to get to know them better and I'm hoping that through this they start to get to know me more as well.

I'm looking forward to this. I had to stop attending the men's group last semester because my seminary course fell on the same night.

So, if you've been thinking of checking out the men's group here at Woodside, let me strongly encourage you to come on out to it. We'll be starting at 8pm. This will give you young dads the opportunity to go home, have dinner with your family, help put the kids to bed then head on over here to the church. You don't need to read the book... but free copies of it are available to follow along or to read and get deeper into each topic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

The Worship of our Worship

Captain America Rocks!!