Boy Is My French Rusty

It's pretty amazing how quickly you can lose a language when you're not speaking it regularly.

This morning I met a guy from our church for coffee. He spent last year in Quebec in order to learn to speak and write French before he heads off for missionary work in Africa. Since he knew I was from Montreal he asked if we could get together so he could practice his French.

Well... being in Ontario for four months has definitely had an effect on my own French! That part of the brain was a lot slower then it was before I left. Hopefully once my son starts French immersion classes next September that will help force me to speak it more often. I definitely don't want to lose it.

I'll also get together regularly with the guy from church. I'll probably get just as much out of it as he will :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

The Worship of our Worship