Need a Geek-Out Break!

Yup... this week has been incredibly crazy! I'm nearly finished working on my sermon for this Sunday. I should be done before lunch. It's a LOT different then I was originally planning. It's also a tad longer :-) I was hoping for a bit more music then normal so maybe I should just talk fast. I really hope this will hit a cord with a large number of our congregation on the importance of Evangelism.

My wife and kids will be going to Toronto this afternoon until Saturday night so they won't be in the way while I get cracking on finishing our basement. Tonight I'll be starting by organizing the garage. I need to start here so that I have a place to put all the boxes that are coming out of the basement. I also need a place to store all the wood and dry wall that is going to be delivered tomorrow morning.

But before I get started on this project I'm in need of a little geek-out time. I have a free ticket to see Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Suffer. And that ticket expires next week! Since I don't want to be wasteful I figured I should use it this weekend... and it would be better to use it before I get started on the work (because once I start building I won't stop till it's done!)

I'm sure this little two hour geek-out break will be a great mind refresh. And I'm looking forward to picking up a hammer for the next few days as a way to not worry and stress over this Sunday's sermon! I have a habit of doing that a couple of days before I preach. I start wondering if I should change the entire thing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I saw Fantastic Four last week. I enjoyed it. In fact, I enjoyed it as much as the "BIG 3," (Spiderman 3, Shrek 3, and Pirates 3) probably because it wasn't hyped as much and didn't carry such unreasonably high expectations.

Good luck on the remodeling project. We're getting ready to build a home ourselves, so I'm definitely rooted for you!
Pastor Kevin said…
I enjoyed FF2 a lot! I thought the way they did the Suffer and Galactus was great!

Remolding is going great. We got a ton of stuff done yesterday!

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!