End of Week Brain Dump

This was quite the week for me. Lots going on at the church and here at home. It feels like my head is spinning in a hundred different directions... so here is just a quick brain dump of the stuff I'm thinking of this Thursday evening as I prepare for another weekend.
  • I LOVE serving at Woodside. We have such a great staff there! It really makes my day serving with each and every one of them. I so pumped at what God is going to be doing there over the next few years!
  • I SOOOOO can't wait to get this basement finished. I was doing the last of the drywall sanding this evening (and the dust is stuck in my eyes and ears!). Tomorrow I'll do the last coat of the primer then I think we'll hit the paint store in the afternoon to buy the color we're going to do.
  • The book Simple Church got me really excited and bummed out at the same time. I just love the idea of returning to a simpler ministry of focusing on making disciples. I love the idea of putting together a clear path and process for this to happen. I wouldn't want to be the guy to tell people that their ministries were being shut down in order to make this process happen though... I have pretty thick skin... but not that thick, yet.
  • I wish I could say just one simple prayer and make all the struggles my friends and family go through go away. It sucks to see people you love hurting!
  • My kids rock! During soccer tonight Cameron was just skipping around the field chasing the ball with this HUGE smile on his face. He didn't care that he never got a goal... he just loves having people watching him - I have NO CLUE where he gets that trait from :) And my daughter Sam has the best little giggle in the whole wide world... and she wears a princess crown every we go and she doesn't care if anyone else thinks that silly! She knows she's a princess and proud of it!
  • My wife is the greatest lady in the world! I still can't quite figure out how I managed to convince her to marry me :)
  • Guest speakers at our church freak me out... I'm always paranoid about what they're going to say and worry that the pastors will get stuck with the mess... I guess this is a tad of a faith and trust issue that I should work on.
  • I've been quite irregular on my journalling and personal Bible reading the last few weeks. Gotta get back on that.
  • I'm becoming a Major League Baseball fan at the age of 36. I've never watched a sports game in my life and today I ordered the sports package for the TV. I'm definitely playing too much baseball on the Wii I guess :)
  • I wish I had a bigger TV... That may sound materialistic... but I want to start getting friends to hang out on Fridays to play some Wii together and the bigger TV would make that more fun.
  • I'm looking forward to hearing Gord's sermon on Sunday. He's the chair of our elders and I really enjoy his sermons.
  • I haven't slept well all week... not sure if it's because I have too much on my mind or it being sore from more regular exercise... maybe both. Maybe I need to cut out the coffee again...
  • I SOOOO can't wait to get to Montreal the first week of August and see my buddies. Man I MISS those guys! I still don't have any friends like that here and it's been a big hole in my life.
  • I need to find ways to hang out with more "non-church" people. I miss having those great talks about spiritual things with people with a different view then my own.
  • I wish I had more time to do a podcast... and wish I had an interesting idea to podcast about...

So there's just a few things spinning around in my brain cells... I think I'm going to go grab an herbal tea and watch the Boston vs. Cleveland ball game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!