Kevin Gets His Groove Back

My reading groove that is.

Seems like it's been months since I've been able to get through a book. Probably all the reading that I had to do for my seminary course burned out one of my reading brain cells or something. Well, it finally looks like it started to grow back :-)

This weekend I started 2 books and I'm nearly finished both of them. One is a "work" book and the other is pure mindless fun.

Yesterday I started reading Simple Church by Tom Rainer and Eric Geiger. I'm already half way through it. I'm LOVING this book! This book is wonderful for church leaders who feel like their ministry is turning into complex program management. It's the call to return to the simple mission of creating disciples in our churches. It's the call to not do programs because we "have to" but to simplify the church to be more influencial in the lives of the congregation and in our communities. I can see how after reading this a church would really be tempted to get cracking on putting it into affect and changing how they do ministry!

The other book I'm almost done is Star Wars: Legacy of the Force: Betrayal. This is the first book in a new series of Star Wars novels set some thirty years after the events of the last movie, Return of the Jedi. I gotta admit that I haven't really gotten into the Star Wars line of books. I read a few of them out when they first started popping up and thought they were terrible. It just didn't seem to be able to hold my interests... Maybe three bad prequel movies and promises of a TV series has lowered my standards for adventure in the Star Wars galaxy. Maybe it was my need for some mindless reading. Or maybe, just maybe, this is actually an interesting book :-) So far I'm loving it and really looking forward to the other books in this series.

So here's hoping that my reading dry spell is over. With a list of over 20 books that I want to read I'm glad I'm at least getting through 2 of them :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

The Worship of our Worship