What a Crazy Weekend

Phew. Glad it's Monday so I can relax and do something simple like work on the 5 000 items on my to do list here at the church :-)

We had a fun and crazy weekend at our house. We had most of my family visiting us for Cameron's birthday party. With 9 kids in the house and no basement to throw them down into it was quite the whirlwind!

Sunday's service was a lot of fun. With both our senior pastor and worship pastor away on vacation I had to step up and call the shots. That was quite exciting. Hopefully I didn't freak out our worship leader too bad by getting him to do the announcements, introduce the guest speaker and then do the closing remarks. He always does such a FANTASTIC job so I had no doubt of him doing these... even though, after the fact, he told me he's never done those before. Glad I could help him put something new on his resume!

Our Vacation Bible School kicked off this morning. Danielle and I had a bunch of stuff to prepare for that this weekend as well. She is in charge of the games for the preschoolers and I'm doing a short skit every morning where I play a cowboy and do some of the worship songs with the kids. We have nearly 200 kids here! So the place is really hopping! Great to see so many here. Now I REALLY need to get cracking and memorizing my lines for the closing drama which is on Thursday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!