Thursday Night Brain Dump

As I'm getting ready to start a nice quick one week vacation I figured I'd just dump out a bunch of stuff floating around me head tonight...
  • Andrew, our Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts, ROCKS! I really enjoy working with this guy. Sure... he blames me for introducing new, more rock-type songs on Sunday morning, but I can take it :-)
  • I'm really looking forward to just spending time with Danielle and the kids over the next week. I sure hope our hotel has a pool...
  • I'm SO excited that our church is going to be hosting The Alpha Course this year. I'm a big fan of this and hope this will really get us more excited about reaching our community for Jesus.
  • I'm really glad I started collecting comic books again. I just love super hero stories. I just picked up the Planet Hulk deluxe hardcover book. This collects the entire Incredible Hulk story from the past year. Looking forward to reading this on my vacation.
  • I would really like to see an awesome Mighty Thor movie. I just read the first two issues of the new Thor comic series and really like where this is going.
  • I LOVE being an associate pastor! I can't even imagine still working in the computer consulting biz... But, I'm still just flat out amazed that God would choose a nobody like me for this position. I'm sure there must of been others SO much more qualified then I am for this job... Good thing I can count on Him for all things!
  • We'll be spending nearly 10 hours in the car tomorrow. And I'm strangely looking forward to it.
  • Simple Church by Thom Rainer is probably the most interesting and dangerous book I've read on church ministry. I just can't get it out of my head... I really need to see how this fits with my ministry responsibilities at Woodside...
  • Three more days till I'm back in Montreal! I need a decent poutine!!!
  • I'm hoping Wii remotes are cheaper in the US then Canada... with the AWESOME exchange rate I want to pick up two more remotes if this is the case.

I guess I should go finish packing. Can't forget to grab my Star Wars novels either... almost slipped my mind...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

Revitalized Pastors and Leaders

Captain America Rocks!!