In memory of Gary Gygax

Gary Gygax, the co-creator of the role playing game Dungeons & Dragons died yesterday at the age of 69.

You can read a full article about him HERE. Very cool to read that even at his age his still played the game he helped create :-)

I LOVED playing Dungeons & Dragons! In fact, if I could actually find the time in my busy schedule I would probably still play to this day. Some of my best memories are of spending weekend retreats saving princesses and fighting evil warlords with my best buddies in our basements, rolling dice, tracking hit points and laughing the days away! I also credit getting into role playing games at a young age for developing my reading skills, math skills, problem solving, and, yes surprisingly, developing my social skills.

Thoughts and prayers going out today to Gary's family and friends... and to the generation of teenage boys who he had a direct influence on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Atheist

The Worship of our Worship

Captain America Rocks!!